One little move to create power in your golf swing.


I recently got a tip about the importance of turning your right hip to create power. You should clearly see the butt cheeks just past impact. Look at the picture above and compare the average golfer just past impact position, on the left, to that of Tiger.


Well I have been losing a little distance as I go up in age, so I thought I’d give it a go. I grabbed my seven iron and went out to my back yard to hit my trusty Ropeit. I warmed up with a few regular swings and then concentrated on really turning my hips to the left. It took me a little while to get the correct rhythm, but after hitting the Ropeit about 5 or 6 times, I could definitely feel a difference. The ball was coming off with more POP and was even on a higher flight path.


Click here for a good article that goes into more detail on hip rotation.


Try it out. Give it a good hip turn to the left, and let us know how you make out. As always, keep it in the short grass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment